1 The mechanical gaming keyboard details
- World’s fastest RGB mechanical gaming keyboard: Exclusive Romer-G Mechanical Switches with up to 25 percent faster actuation
- Customizable RGB illumination: Personalize individual key lighting from a palette of 16 million colors
- Arx Control App and smartphone dock: Instantly access in-game data on your smartphone or tablet without interrupting the game
- 9 programmable G-keys: Create custom game macros to execute complex commands with lightning speed and accuracy
- Dedicated media controls: One-touch control panel for quick access to play, pause, mute, volume and skip
1.2 The best review
I’ve had the G910 Logitech keyboard now for 7 months. I primarily use it for gaming but since it’s connected to my computer I also use it for typing. I like the keys and the tactile feel of the keyboard. The keys do make a clicking sound but it’s not obtrusive to the point it is annoying unless another person would be trying to watch tv.
I usually use headphones when I’m on the computer. The reason I would buy this if you’re a gamer would be that it has 9 macro keys. There are 4 at the top and 5 on the left side. They have come in handy while playing GTA online. The keyboard can be set to varied lighting which I like but most of the time I have it on green.
I like that it lights up especially playing with the overhead lights off. It feels truly like a well-built keyboard. I like the rolling wheel to turn up the volume instead of a button. The wheel is sensitive and I never had a problem with turning up or down the volume. The only con I would say is the placement of the Windows button.
It happens to be next to the left CTRL key which I use a lot and have often hit the Windows button by accident. I found two feet stands at the bottom of the keyboard but I put a small strip of wood under the keyboard to elevate it just a little more to my liking. Overall, I really like the keyboard and would buy it again. It may be expensive so consider your budget, but you can’t go wrong with this keyboard.
- Designed specifically for gaming, Razer Mechanical Switches actuate at an optimal distance, giving you speed and responsiveness like never before
- The Razer BlackWidow X Chroma features individually programmable backlit keys with 16.8 million color options, all easily set through Razer Synapse
- Constructed from military grade metal, the body of the Razer BlackWidow X Chroma is both rugged and durable, ensuring you’ll enjoy stellar performance even during the most intense gaming sessions
- Razer Mechanical Switches have consistently proven themselves to be the best for gaming, delivering both top-notch performance and reliable durability without compromise
- With inter-device color synchronization, your Razer Chroma enabled Razer gaming weapons will always go together perfectly
2.2 The best review
Just got the keyboard and setup the colors for the various key-groups. Pretty straight forward. Looks really high tech with the various colors. My function keys are a unique color as well as the enter and other specialized keys.
It should help finding them a bit faster. I use many keyboards and there are slight to major differences to key locations. I like the mechanical feel of the keyboard. I find that I type better if I forget about the longer travel and type as I normally would.
My table is a bit higher but when I move it to a better location, I think it will feel even better. The quality is top notch. It would really look good against a Mac computer but not bad against my black and aluminum trimmed monitors. Sure any keyboard will work and I have bought some for $4.oo (wired) as many people are pretty abusive. But for the money I have no regrets and look forward to exploring more of the macro features when setting up specialized software.
- Cherry MX RGB Full color LED gaming key switches feature the world’s leading mechanical key switch technology with a quick gaming response and 50 million keystrokes for long lasting durabiliity. They are made to last thanks to Cherry’s Unique-Protected Principle of Gold-Crosspoint contacts. With a 50 gram actuation force, an audible click, and a tactile bump to let you know when you have actually activated the key
- Fully customizable gaming mechanical keyboard with 5 gaming profiles and also the ability to save up to 50 macros to satisfy different needs to input no matter you are a gamer or others. RK-9000V2 RGB is definitely a suitable mechanical keyboard with cherry mx switches for you
- A gaming keyboard with RGB LED allows you to enjoy the best of the game and adjustable brightness setting and other RGB led settings allow you to dim or increase the LED intensity at your discretion
- The gaming mechanical keyboard with lighting can also increase or lower the volume with only just a few touches. Register all of your key presses simultaneously so you can execute multiple actions all at the same time
- ROSEWILL RK-9000V2 RGB is the rgb backlit led gaming keyboard which offers the tacktile and clicky feel when you tap keys. With the best Cherry MX mechanical switches and the excellent functions with the keyboard, it is the ace to bring gamers and all the customers to different level of typing and gaming. Try this gaming keyboard led and you will not regret it
3.2 The best review
I can’t believe I waited so long to get a real mechanical keyboard. This thing is a blast to type on! I do like the blue backlighting on the keys, but even at the lowest setting it is EXTREMELY bright! Like, bother your eyes in a dark room bright. I guess that might appeal to a certain “gamer” demographic, but I find it a bit off-putting. I’m not deducting a star for that though, as Rosewill offer easy on/off/mode switching of the backlight with keyboard shortcuts.
I chose this over the Das Keyboard Professional 4 on the recommendation of a co-worker. Although the media controls and USB hub functionality of the Das Keyboard were appealing, after using this keyboard for a week I have no regrets.
I popped off a cap to make sure there were real Cherry MX Blues underneath, and there are! I work from home, so noise is not an issue, but I would definitely be self-conscious about using this in an office environment. My co-worker got the MX Brown variant, which is supposed to be “quiet”, and even that is pretty loud if you’re sitting next to them.
The only gaming I do on this is Kerbal Space Program, so I can’t comment on N-Key Rollover or nanosecond input lag response. But for general office work, if you do a lot of typing, do your hands a favor and go mechanical!
- First and only keyboard to deploy the innovative Agile Mechanical Switch
- Optimized keystroke, fast response, and accurate actuation
- Sleek, unique design: Key and board layout designed for both style and dominate performance
- Strong hardware: Equipped with 32bit Arm Processor and 512KB onboard memory for advanced processing power
- 16.8 million customizable lighting: The only keyboard to offer the Macro Lighting feature
4.2 The best review
This keyboard is amazing. The obvious has already been stated, but I wanted to add a couple comments for potential purchasers of this product:
1.) The keyboard can accommodate O-rings intended for cherry MX switches. It raises the keycap about 2mm but functions perfectly.
2.) I hate RGB lighting, but purchased this with the plan to set the lights to white and be done with it. However, the color of the switches combines with the white LED to form a slight blue tinge.
3.) It 100% works with Linux, but you have to configure it via Windows. The keyboard has onboard memory so you configure it once and be done with it. Pretty awesome if you dual-boot.
- Designed specifically for gaming, Razer Mechanical Switches actuate at an optimal distance, giving you speed and responsiveness like never before
- The Razer BlackWidow Chroma is manufactured in-house end to end, ensuring even stricter requirements are met for each switch produced, resulting in a life span of up to 80 million key strokes
- The Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 features individually programmable backlit keys with 16.8 million color options, all easily set through Razer Synapse
- Specially designed for the Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2, this wrist rest features ergonomics that ensure that no matter how intense your gaming marathons are, you’re always comfortable
- Never miss a single key, or ten for that matter. With built-in anti-ghosting technology, the Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 lets you perfectly execute up to ten commands at the same time, every time
5.2 The best review
This was bought for my son (the gamer) for a Christmas gift. He absolutely loved this keyboard and has been using it very happily since he received it. He has had no problems with it and said it’s a great keyboard for gaming.
He had gotten the matching mouse to this keyboard the Christmas before (which he is still using over a year later and said it is still working great!!)
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum for superior rigidity
- 100% Cherry MX RGB mechanical key switches for ultimate performance
- Multicolor per-key backlighting for virtually unlimited game customization
- 18 G-keys with up to 108 macros for faster gaming
- Display controller driven fast and fluid for an amazing multicolor light show in a pulsing, waving and cascading array
- Entire keyboard is programmable to assign a macro to any key
- 100% anti-ghosting with 122 key rollover on USB
- Onboard memory to take performance and lighting settings with you
6.2 The best review
So far, this keyboard seems to be a pretty good deal. The keys are easy to press, there is no tendency for the keys to stick and I’m able to type very fast with it. However, understand that not all keyboards are alike with key size and spacing, etc. I had to get used to this one a little bit but it’s working very well for me now.
The keyboard seems to be very well built. The styling and overall appearance are very good. It certainly fits the description of it in the ad. I don’t know very much about buying parts for it yet, but I’ve noticed that various parts are available for it. You don’t see that with the cheaper keyboards. I think I remember seeing where you could buy new keytops and what appeared to be cushions for the keys. The cushions were like “O” rings.
One thing you might want to know is that even though the keys are very easy to press, they do come to a solid stop and both the bottoms and tops of the keystrokes. This might feel a bit strange if you’re used to cushioned keyboards. But I got used to it pretty quickly.
I haven’t tried taking the keyboard apart. I probably won’t be doing that for a while. But it’s good to know that keyboards can some apart in case something gets spilled on them or they eventually need cleaning. I’ve had other keyboards apart and cleaned them completely. As long as the design is reasonably good on a keyboard, taking them apart isn’t too hard to do for someone who has some mechanical aptitude.
You might want to know about the software that comes with the keyboard. Well, the software seems to work OK. I’m using several programmable keys and they work well. The lighting adjustments work OK on the keys. As long as things stay the way they are, I’m going to leave my rating at 5 stars.
Anyway, for now, I’m giving this keyboard a 5 star rating.
- Full aluminum body: CNC anodized aluminium construction for a solid look and feel. Absolutely no flex or creak
- True mechanical keyboard with blue switches for haptic feedback and audible click sound
- Beautiful, functional, and programmable white LED backlights. Waterproof and easy to clean
- Vintage inspired handcrafted typewriter keycaps with chrome trim that lasts a lifetime
- Works with Windows and iOS — just plug and play. Includes a cleaning brush and keycap removal tool
7.2 The best review
Love the look and feel of this keyboard, a bunch of different light presets. Only white though, which I believe is the only color there should be for such a design.
I also like that you can adjust the light intensity, 3 different levels. Been using it daily for months now, holding up very well. Sleek, modern yet retro, with a nice black aluminum finish. Feels like quality and that it will last.
- Corsair’s fastest mechanical keyboard, ever
- 100% anti-ghosting and full key rollover on USB / 100% Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches with ultra-fast 1.2mm actuation and light 45g force
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame for superior durability / Advanced lighting control and large font keycaps deliver dynamic, vibrant backlighting
- CUE support enables advanced macro and lighting programming for virtually unlimited game customization
- Detachable soft-touch wrist rest and dedicated multimedia controls / USB pass-through port for easy connections / Textured and contoured FPS/MOBA keycap sets
8.2 The best review
When people tried to spread the gospel that is mechanical keyboards I use to think “this person is just trying to explain away throwing away +$100 on a keyboard.” But now I understand.
Before this my most expensive and used keyboard was the Logitech Mk550. I was content with using that forever but eventually it just stopped working (even with fresh batteries). So I finally decided to try out a mechanical keyboard.
God! It feels so good to type on. That and sound makes me feel like I’m doing important work – even when writing a review on Amazon that only 5 people would see.
- Cherry RGB Red Key switch
- Full RGB Backlighting
- Media Control Panel with Volume Roller and Digital LED Volume Display
- On-the-fly Macro Recording with Full Per-Key Programmability
- 6 Dedicated Built-in Macro Keys
- Foldable Mouse Cable Holder
- USB 2.0, Audio, and Mic Pass-through Ports
- Solid Brushed Aluminum Top-Plate
9.2 The best review
This is a really nice keyboard that is built very solid. It does have a rather “gamery” aesthetic to it, but, if you can get past that it is well worth the money. I got it in RGB w/ blue keys. I love the feel & build quality.
I have added some o-rings so the keys aren’t quite as loud, but they are still clicky. I do have to agree that the software is not the most user friendly out there, but it is not that bad, once you get used to it.
- Multi-Award winning Razer Mechanical Switches – Razer Green Switch with tactile bump and audible click for the best overall gaming performance
- Extreme Durability- Razer mechanical switches are rated up to 80 million keystrokes and come with a 2-year warranty
- Powered by Razer Chroma – Individually programmable backlit keys with 16.8 million color options
- USB 2.0 and Audio pass through for easy cable routing
- 5 additional dedicated macro keys
10.2 The best review
If you like clicky/mechanical keyboards, this is the one for you.
I play Overwatch religiously and it works perfectly! It will even sync with the game and light up the keys that you can use for the character. I keep my keyboard color on purple because it’s my favorite color, but you can change it to light up any color. It even has a usb to plug your mouse into if you don’t want cords all across your space. The clicking can get annoying to some (especially if you are in a work environment) but I like it.
I’m the cheap type that will usually use whatever, but this is well worth the price and it has shown no signs of wear since I bought it a few months ago.
2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard List
|1 Logitech G910||
Romer-G Mechanical Switches
|2 Razer BlackWidow||
|3 ROSEWILL RK-9000V2||$129.99||Blue||★★★★☆|
|5 Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2||$169.00||Green||★★★★☆|
|6 Corsair K95||$179.00||Brown||★★★★|
|7 KrBn 2017 Newest||
|8 Corsair K70||
|Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches||★★★★☆|
|9 G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R||$136.34||Cherry MX Red||★★★★|
|10 Razer BlackWidow Chroma||
|Razer Green Switches||★★★★☆|