1 The fashion backpack details
- 32 liter – 19.5″ x 13.75″ x 8.5″
- Hardy nylon protects all your goods from the elements and looks sporty while doing it
- Exterior compression straps and top and front grab handles.
- Padded dedicated laptop compartment that protects your 15 laptop and is checkpoint friendly.
- Fleece-lined tablet sleeve in the front organizational compartment for quick access and convenience.
1.2 The best review
If you need a backpack for school/work and want a backpack that can endure some light hiking then this is for you. It’s great for urban environments with a slight touch of outdoor ruggedness. I wouldn’t necessarily use this as a dedicated outdoors backpack but it can be used for that.
The laptop sleeve in this backpack is the real highlight and trust me it is probably the best one out there. The laptop compartment also opens all the way like a clamshell which can expedite airport security experiences.
Some of the pockets are lined with fleece and are great for holding things that you don’t want to get scratched (eg. cell phones). I have been using this for about two weeks now and have to say I am loving this thing to death.
It’s comfortable, has a large carrying capacity, great straps, solid overall durability, and is very tech friendly. My north face backpack before this lasted me 5 years. Here’s to another 5 years.
- 100% Polyester
- Made in USA or Imported
- Nylon lining
- Buckle Drawstring Magnetic Snap closure
- 14.5″ shoulder drop
- 20″ high
- 12″ wide
- Signature striped fabric liner
- Padded and fleece lined 15″ laptop sleeve
- Adjustable drawcord closure
- Magnetic strap closures with metal pin clips
- Front pocket with hidden zipper and key clip
- Internal media pocket with headphone port
- Contoured shoulder straps and air mesh back padding
- Classic woven label
- The straps are polyurethane leather
2.2 The best review
Best backpack ever ! I bought this for my trip to Greece. We planned to take short 2-4 day trips around the country and I wanted something functional and stylish to carry.
This backpack fit my toiletries, makeup, clothes and shoes for 4 days of travel and for a chronic over packer (me) and semi high maintenance person I was very impressed.
- 915 Denier Cordura/Suede Leather
- Suede leather bottom and premium Cordura fabric for superior durability
- Padded shoulder straps
- Durable 915 denier cordura and suede leather bottom
- Large main compartment to keep things organized
- Internal Sleeve fits 15″ laptop
3.2 The best review
I adore this backpack and hope that it’ll serve me for years to come.
I’ve have owned many backpacks and most of them were big and bulky. This backpack is the PERFECT size for taking around with you every day to hold your commonly used items, to a convention to store goodies, or just when out and about. It’s small enough that it doesn’t turn you into the hunchback of notre dame and big enough to carry around quite a lot.
I decided to remove the JanSport logo on the front and replace it with a patch of female velcro fabric so I can swap out different velcro patches whenever I want.
After seeing some the reviewers who have had the suede on the bottom tear, I cut up a piece of an Amazon box and placed it in the bottom for a little extra support if for some reason I decide I need to put something with hard corners into the bag, but I’m really not that worried about it. The cardboard even does a nice job of keeping it sitting upright when it doesn’t have anything inside it.
I liked mine so much that I even got it signed by David Hayter!
The tried-and-true Campus backpack gets a passing grade as the ultimate back-to-school backpack. This roomy backpack features four distinct compartments including a large top compartment with a padded laptop sleeve and room for books and binders. It also includes an insulated cooler pocket to keep lunch and snacks cool.
The Campus features a roomy main compartment with a secure laptop sleeve, an organizer pocket, a fleece-line sunglass pocket, plus a low-profile front zippered pocket and dual mesh side pockets for water bottles. Padded shoulder straps and an adjustable sternum strap ensure a perfect fit. Available in twelve unique prints and colors to match your unique style. Limited lifetime warranty included.
4.2 The best review
Bought this to use for work. Basically to carry notebook, gym clothes and various small items. Absolutely love it! Seems very well made and looks awesome. IMO Dakine have some of the best looking backpacks out there.
I bought the smaller mini one for kids when I was in Hawaii. Yeah it’s for kids but wanted to use it as a day pack/beach pack/pool pack. Was very happy with it so I wanted to buy a bigger one for work. The stitching and material are very solid.
I took off the sternim strap just because I never use it and have one less thing hanging from the pack. I got the 25L and it’s more than enough room for everything I have. It also doesn’t feel small when I wear it (I’m 6’1″ and about 200 lbs). The 33L would’ve definitely been way too big for my needs. Highly recommend this backpack for everyday use!
- 630D Oxford Nylon
- Features a waterproof roll top plus incognito back zip access
- Designed by Timbuk2 exclusively for Apple
- Custom-fit strap design for a truer, more comfortable fit
- Features a waterproof rolltop plus incognito back zip access
- Laptop compartment fits 15″ MacBook plus iPad in separate pocket
- Ventilated back panel to give your back breathing room
5.2 The best review
As an electronic musician and researcher I really have to cram a lot into one bag and then I travel with it. I still love real books over Kindle so there is that problem to carry around. But this sleek-looking bag solves many problems and it feels so lightweight on my back compared to what is stuffed inside.
I tend to put in: a 15″ macbook pro (the pocket inside the bag doesn’t touch the ground, great feature of the bag to avoid bumps if dropped), ipadmini, Mbox interface, microphone, xlr cable, harddrive, USB cables, Zoom recorder, two normal size paperbacks, large notebook, pens, tissue pack, wallet, keys, a light sweater and cellphone. Outside the bag, I carry a mix of two of these items: a water bottle, a tabletop mic stand, an umbrella. Also sunglasses, and this is even without adding a caribiner.
The bag is still magically really close to the body so I don’t knock people over when I turn around, and it distributes the weight wonderfully. It has held up fine in a rainstorm, but the sides do get wet as they are canvas. Gear was fine inside.
I used this at the airport once so far, but as I pack too much in, it’s hard to get the laptop out of the back pocket. I still need to get it out from the top opening and repack, but this is fine with me. I usually get stopped anyway with all the cables and metal inside.
- Padded laptop sleeve for extra protection
- Able to hold laptops up to 15″
- Padded shoulder straps for a more comfortable fit
- Add-a-bag strap so the backpack can be placed on top of wheeled luggage for easier travel
- Organizer pocket to keep all items in place during travel
6.2 The best review
Really love this backpack. Purchased it as a secondary bag for a trip to Europe and now I use it constantly for 2-5 day trips. It’s the perfect combination of a backpack and a small suitcase.
It opens up just like a suitcase so you can pack clothing shoes etc… Plenty of convenient pockets and compartments including a safe compartment for a laptop Ipad etc..I also love how the straps easily tuck away into their own compartment so it can be carried by a side or top handle.
I’ve had it for about 3 mos now so far its very durable no issues or damages. Highly recommend the quality and organizational design if your looking for a medium sized versatile travel backpack.
- 69% Nylon, 31% Polyester
- Versatile backpack featuring padded side-access sleeve for 17″ laptop and brushed media pocket at top for protective storage
- Front organizer panel and mesh optics pocket
- Compression-molded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps for comfort
- Bottom shoe compartment
7.2 The best review
I’d seen the Kitchen Sink backpack when it came out and I loved it’s style, but it was way out of my price range. So when I got a gift card and saw that the price had dropped, I jumped on it.
To be clear, I use the backpack instead of a briefcase/laptop case, so for my purposes, weight isn’t an issue. I’m sure if you are hiking or carrying it for long distances, it might be heavier than you’d like. But for me, it is all I need. It holds my 15 inch laptop easily, and there is plenty of room for additional items. I like that there are numerous pockets, and the style can’t be beat.
So far the materials and workmanship seem good (I’ve had the case for several months).
All in all, I’m very pleased with Kitchen Sink.
- 40L Capacity | Water Resistant
- 16,000mAh Battery + 8.8-Watt Solar Panel
- 5 USB Ports Total (2-Ports On Solar Panel, 2-Ports Inside Backpack, 1 External Port)
- 15.6″ Laptop Compartment + Multi-Compartments
- Integrated LED Power Bar Indicator
8.2 The best review
This bag ticks a lot of boxes for me. I was concerned when I got it, that it would be heavy. However, it was a bit lighter than the bag I use for work. It holds a lot of gear, and has plenty of compartments to keep things organized inside.
The solar power was just icing on the cake at first; it wasn’t the full reason I bought it. But it’s great for those trips and turned out to be one of my favorite features of the bag. It’s removable, which is a plus, and can power up to two devices from it at once. It’s not the most budget conscience bag, but it’s worth it because of the awesome features.
The battery has seemed to hold charge for a week now, and I’ve charged my phone twice on it. The indicator on the strap is a nice touch. Water resistant and a 16,000mAh battery inside, it’s a great addition for any adventurer.
- 840D & 900D Twisted Poly
- Limited Lifetime Warranty* against defects in materials and workmanship
- Uber organized with fully padded lockable laptop and tablet compartments, crush-proof AC adaptor garage and zippered water bottle pocket
- Fits laptops 1.5 D x 12.25″ W x 16.5″ to 17.5″ H if pad removed and tablet compartment is 8.125 W x 11.5 H
- Easily converts from backpack to briefcase and includes vertical and horizontal luggage handle pass-thru panels
- Well-padded vented Airmesh back panel and contoured backpack straps with removable adjustable shock-load sternum strap
9.2 The best review
I’ve been using this bag for about a month now, and so far, I absolutely love it. I used to carry a man bag (messenger bag) all the time, but eventually started having back and neck aches on one side, so decided to switch to a backpack configuration.
I bought just a regular run-of-the-mill backpack, but struggled with it. It felt big and bulky, and I could never find anything. I saw this one several months ago, and was intrigued, but decided to keep the backpack I had.
One day when it suddenly started raining suddenly and I couldn’t find my umbrella in my backpack, I thought, “This is enough.” I came home (drenched) and purchased this bag that very night. I’ve been using it a little over a month now, and it’s great. A place for everything, and for everything a place.
I love all the compartments and pockets – most especially the iPad pocket. I keep my Kindle in it, and it’s a little big for that, but no more spending minutes at a time trying to dig and find it while on the train. Overall, I can get to whatever I need quickly and easily. Everything seems very well made and durable. If that changes after a few more months of use, I’ll make an update. But for now, I recommend it. I’m even considering getting the Weekender bag now.
- Generous main compartment with dump pockets for quick organization on the go; secondary compartment with internal organization has plenty of options for electronics and supplies, along with a secure lanyard for keys; interior padded sleeve is raised off the ground to protect most 15″ laptops from impact; sleeve secures with a buckle closure and doubles as an insulated hydration reservoir complete with tube port
- Exterior, vertical zippered stash pocket for quick access to essentials; exterior lash points; microfleece-lined pocket for sunglasses and electronics; stretch-woven pockets accommodate a full range of water bottle shapes and sizes
- Airflow-mesh shoulder straps and back panel; adjustable sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Top-mounted, reinforced haul handle
10.2 The best review
It is a great bag, and pending a sustained period of use, it seems to fit the bill. Although it is definitely smaller that my 26L ILBE day pack, it says it holds 28L.
I have loaded exactly the same amount of gear in it as the 26L, and I can honestly say that it fits, albeit a bit snug. Straps are comfortable and it material is lighter that 1000D cordura nylon, which the other bag is made up of.
Will update with how it has held up after a three month period. This bag is being used as a everyday bag for a college student, as well as the occasional hike.
2 The fashion backpack list
|1 The North Face Surge Backpack||
|2 Herschel Supply Co. Little America Backpack||
|3 JanSport Right Pack Laptop Backpack||$188.71||★★★★☆|
|4 Dakine – Campus Backpack||$97.25||★★★★☆|
|5 Timbuk2 Spire Backpack||$99.00||★★★★☆|
|6 SwissGear Travel Gear 1900 Travel Laptop Backpack 15″ – eBags Exclusive||
|7 Oakley Mens Kitchen Sink Backpack||
|8 Ghostek NRGsolar Series 40L Eco Computer Laptop Messenger Backpack||
|9 eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack||$90.00||★★★★☆|
|10 Patagonia Refugio Pack 28L||$149.99||★★★★☆|